Thursday, August 25, 2011

3 new cards- Autumn, B&W classy, & Vintage - could they be any different?!

 
This card is my submission for the Verve MOJO Monday, MOJO205. It also qualifies for C4C101, a Flourishes bingo challenge, using embossing (on the nestabilities circle,) ribbon, and diecuts. I broke out my new CTMH stamp set and paper packet. I don't sew, so the edges are faux sewn with a paper piercer and white gel pen.
I paper pieced the chair, and used 2 different fiskars edgers to follow the sketch. I finished off the card with sponging the nestabilities die cut circle, and added the twine and copper finished charm. The sentiment inside says Chairs to You! TFL!



I need a classy looking card for a classy couple, and their 50th anniversary is this weekend. Her daughters (whom I grew up with) had his clever idea to had a card shower - we are all to shower them with cards so that their mailbox is overflowing with congratulation cards. I LOVE this idea!!!
Anyway, I wanted to keep it black, white, and sparkly - HAD to pull out the Glitter Mat stack again - followed SC347 sketch layout challenge.
Embossed the word sentiment using SU! black craft ink and clear ep. After it dried, I added Smooching spritz for sparkle and texture. Matted each layer with a white mat, and adhered it all using glue dots, since each layer had so much glitter. I love how it has impact, but was easy peasy to do. TFL!

 One of my favorite sets, French Foliage, and I finally opened it up and mounted it! I was doing WT337, the Thursday Ways to use it challenge, and today's theme was to recycle. I decided to use the raffia bow that was on a pretty old school looking fall tabletop decoration, so I broke it down into components for new and improved fall crafts! I used SU! Eggplant Envy, Dusty Durango, Crumb Cake, Kiwi Kiss and Stazon Mustard inks. SU! Ivory cardstock, and stamped the leaves and spots in a random collage fashion. Used a nestabilities to cut a mat for the sentiment part, added 6 bronze brads, ran the stamped cs through my Big Shot with a sizzex embossing folder. Attached to a Bazzil eggplant cs, and Dusty Durango card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment